Policy key definitions:
- “I”, “our”, “us”, or “we” refer to the business,Team Recruitment (Oxford) Ltd
- “you”, “the user” refer to the person(s) using this website.
- GDPR means General Data Protection Act.
- PECR means Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulation.
- ICO means Information Commissioner’s Office.
- Cookies mean small files stored on a users computer or device.
Processing of your personal data
Under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) we control and / or process any personal information about you electronically using the following lawful bases.
- We are registered with the ICO under the Data Protection Register, our registration number is: Z8522023
- Lawful basis: Consent
Information We Collect
We collect personal information about you in various ways, such as through our Sites and social media channels; at our events and through phone and fax; through job applications and in connection with in-person recruitment; and in connection with our interactions with clients and candidates. We may collect the following types of personal information
- Contact information (such as name, postal address, email address and telephone number)
- username and password when you register on our Sites
- payment information (such as payment card number, expiration date, authorization number or security code)
- information you provide about friends or other people you would like us to contact; and
- other information you may provide to us, such as in surveys or through the “Contact Us” feature on our Sites
In addition, if you are an associate or job candidate and you apply for a position or create an account to apply for a position, we may collect the following types of personal information
- Employment and education history
- language proficiencies and other work-related skills
- National Insurance number, or other government-issued identification number
- date of birth
- bank account information
- citizenship and work authorization status
- disabilities and health-related information
- results of drug tests and criminal and other background checks
- benefits information
- tax-related information
- information provided by references
- information contained in your resume or C.V., information you provide regarding your career interests, and other information about your qualifications for employment.
In addition, we may collect information you provide to us about other individuals, such as information related to emergency contacts.
We use the information to perform the following activities
- Providing workforce solutions and connecting people to work
- creating and managing online accounts
- processing payments
- managing our client and candidate relationships
- sending promotional materials, alerts regarding available positions and other communications
- communicating about, and administering participation in, special events, promotions, programs, offers, surveys, contests and market research
- responding to individuals’ enquiries
- operating, evaluating and improving our business (including developing, enhancing, analyzing and improving our services; managing our communications; performing data analytics; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions)
- protecting against, identifying and seeking to prevent fraud and other unlawful activity, claims and other liabilities
- complying with and enforcing applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards, contractual obligations and our policies.
In addition to the activities listed above, if you are an associate or job candidate and you apply for a position or create an account to apply for a position we use the information to:
- Provide you with job opportunities and work
- provide HR services to you, including administration of benefit programs, payroll, performance management and disciplinary actions
- provide additional services to you, such as training, career counselling and career transition services
- assess your suitability as a job candidate and your associate qualifications for positions
- perform data analytics, such as (i) analyzing our job candidate and associate base; (ii) assessing individual performance and capabilities, including scoring on work-related skills; (iii) identifying skill shortages; (iv) using information to match individuals and potential opportunities, and (v) analyzing pipeline data (trends regarding hiring practices).
- Data retention period: We will continue to process your information under this basis until you withdraw consent or it is determined your consent no longer exists.
- Sharing your information: We do not share your information with third parties. / We do share your personal information with third parties and they include; .
If, as determined by us, the lawful basis upon which we process your personal information changes, we will notify you about the change and any new lawful basis to be used if required. We shall stop processing your personal information if the lawful basis used is no longer relevant.
Your individual rights
Under the GDPR your rights are as follows. You can read more about your rights in details here;
- the right to be informed;
- the right of access;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to object; and
- the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
You also have the right to complain to the ICO www.ico.org.uk if you feel there is a problem with the way we are handling your data.
We handle subject access requests in accordance with the GDPR.
Some cookies are required to enjoy and use the full functionality of this website.
Cookies that we use are;
We use two main types of cookies for the tracking of useage they are: Local storage, Session storage either from google or facebook for analytical usage.
Data security and protection
We ensure the security of any personal information we hold by using secure data storage technologies and precise procedures in how we store, access and manage that information. Our methods meet the GDPR compliance requirement.
Transparent Privacy Explanations
We have provided some further explanations about user privacy and the way we use this website to help promote a transparent and honest user privacy methodology.
Sponsored links, affiliate tracking & commissions
Our website may contain adverts, sponsored and affiliate links on some pages. These are typically served through our advertising partners; Google Adsense, eBay Partner Network, Amazon Affiliates, or are self served through our own means. We only use trusted advertising partners who each have high standards of user privacy and security. However we do not control the actual adverts seen / displayed by our advertising partners.
Clicking on any adverts, sponsored or affiliate links may track your actions by using a cookie saved to your device. You can read more about cookies on this website above. Your actions are usually recorded as a referral from our website by this cookie. In most cases we earn a very small commission from the advertiser or advertising partner, at no cost to you, whether you make a purchase on their website or not.
We use advertising partners in these ways to help generate an income from the website, which allows us to continue our work and provide you with the best overall experience and valued information.
If you have any concerns about this we suggest you do not click on any adverts, sponsored or affiliate links found throughout the website.
Email marketing messages & subscription
Under the GDPR we use the consent lawful basis for anyone subscribing to our newsletter or marketing mailing list. We only collect certain data about you, as detailed in the “Processing of your personal date” above. Any email marketing messages we send are done so through an EMS, email marketing service provider. An EMS is a third party service provider of software / applications that allows marketers to send out email marketing campaigns to a list of users.
Email marketing messages that we send may contain tracking beacons / tracked clickable links or similar server technologies in order to track subscriber activity within email marketing messages. Where used, such marketing messages may record a range of data such as; times, dates, I.P addresses, opens, clicks, forwards, geographic and demographic data. Such data, within its limitations will show the activity each subscriber made for that email campaign.
Any email marketing messages we send are in accordance with the GDPR and the PECR. We provide you with an easy method to withdraw your consent (unsubscribe) or manage your preferences / the information we hold about you at any time. See any marketing messages for instructions on how to unsubscribe or manage your preferences, you can also unsubscribe from all MailChimp lists, by following this link, otherwise contact the EMS provider.
Our EMS provider is; Mailchimp. We hold the following information about you within our EMS system;
- Email address
- I.P address
- Subscription time & date
- Name & Address
- Telephone Number
Resources & further information
- Overview of the GDPR – General Data Protection Regulation
- Data Protection Act 1998
- Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003
- The Guide to the PECR 2003
- Small business GDPR policy template
Privacy Notice Policy Base: v.4.0 May 2018